We are seeking a Mechanical Project Engineer. This person will be responsible for designing and leading capital projects ensuring that process is completed successfully from start to finish. The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate strong engineering skills to ensure tasks are completed accurately.
Provide mechanical engineering design and facilitate support to the Capital Projects team.
Assist with troubleshooting process reliability issues.
Plan and implement both capital projects and maintenance improvements.
Develop and maintain relationships with outside contractors that provide both equipment and services.
Train and build the technical skills of team members.
Be willing to expand technical knowledge and implementation in core disciplines.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
5+ years of experience in heavy industry performing project/ maintenance engineering work.
Profound understanding of the interactions between mechanical, electrical and technological components required.
Strong knowledge and understanding of AutoCAD and MS Office preferred.
Senior Civil engineer
Under direction, to have charge of varied and difficult engineering work involving the supervision of professional engineers and others engaged in a variety of engineering activities, such as the planning and design of roads and bridges, special studies or services, and other public works projects.
- Supervises and participates in the preparation of survey designs and plans for projects such as roads, bridges and other public works;
- Assists in direction of a number of field survey crews in obtaining engineering data needed for design work;
- Directs the activities of a group of office engineering personnel in analyzing field data, preparing instruments and quantities of materials to be moved, and in preparing plans, profiles, maps and related drawings necessary for construction work;
- Makes or reviews stress analyses of structures such as bridges;
- Supervises the preparation of structural drawings;
- Prepares specifications and related documents used in advertising construction projects for bids;
- Provides technical information to officials of other governmental jurisdictions, other engineers, and the public;
- Works with utilities and land and water companies in matters of relocation and rights-of-way; directs legal assistance in the preparation of resolutions, agreements and other legal documents;
- Conducts special studies, such as the determination of future needs;
- Performs related work as required.
Training and experience equivalent to graduation from college with major work in civil engineering or a related field and five years of responsible experience in civil engineering, including experience in a capacity affording opportunity to demonstrate supervisory ability.
- The methods of making highway surveys and of establishing highway locations;
- Methods, materials and equipment used in highway and flood control construction;
- Principles and practices of structural engineering as applied to the design and construction of bridges and other structures;
- Federal and state design and construction standards;
- Principles of supervision and training.
- Plan, direct and supervise the work of others;
- Analyze engineering problems and work out effective solutions;
- Make accurate engineering computations;
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.